Homescale Permaculture Design @Ourganic Gardens
May 25 @ 9:30 am - May 26 @ 5:00 pmeuro150
Join us for a 2 day introduction to Permaculture at OURganic Gardens in wild and beautiful North West Donegal.
On the course we will:
- Introduce the key concepts and ideas that form a Permaculture design approach.
- Explore and apply these to the ecological design, set up and management of a home and garden.
- Actively learn a step by step framework for getting started on, or continuing with the development of your own place.
- Learn from the experiences of Joanne and family at OURganic Gardens, their transition from a ‘conventional’ background to an Organic and Permaculture designed land and lifestyle.
- Enjoy a tour of the OURganic Gardens site which includes food gardens, woodland, eco-renovations, reedbed system, rainwater collection, education facilities, a social enterprise aspect, and more.
- Do some hands-on garden and woodland work at OURganic gardens.
- Connect in with a larger vision and context of sustainable food production and landscape management.
- Inspire you to live sustainably.
It will be of benefit to you if you
- Are looking to make lifestyle changes towards sustainability starting with your own place or plot.
- Are a beginner or seasoned gardener interested in a more ecological approach.
- Would like to provide some or much of your own food and resources from the land around them be it a small garden, a community space or a bigger plot.
- Work in landscape design or land management and would like some new ‘tools’ and perspectives to your work.
- Want to take a positive and active approach to environmental and health issues of climate change, biodiversity loss, food and nutrition security.
- Want to align your lifestyle with the Permaculture values of Care for the Earth, Care for People and Fair shares.
- Simply want to know more about this ‘Permaculture’ thing!
Permaculture designer and teacher Hannah Mole from Earthcare Permaculture Design in County Roscommon will lead the course with input from Joanne Butler of OURganic Gardens and guest tutor John Duffy from nearby An Caora Dubh Farm.
Course fee is on a sliding scale:
- Standard fee, waged €150 (Contact Joanne directly to book )
- Low waged €100 – Limited spaces available (Contact Joanne directly to book)
- Plus limited number of concessions from €75 (Contact Joanne directly to book)
- Limited free camping onsite (other local accommodation can be advised)
- Lunches and Refreshments (Dinner can be provided at extra cost on the Saturday Evening)
- Course materials
- Certificate of attendance