Using Social & Therapeutic Horticulture To Benefit People With Mental Health Support Needs, OURganic Gardens Donegal, July 27th & 28th
July 27 @ 10:00 am - July 28 @ 4:00 pmeuro230
A GIY Event at OURganic Gardens
Saturday/ Sunday 27th/ 28th July 2019, 10.00-16.00 – OURganic Gardens, Gortahork, Co Donegal.
This Thrive Accredited course provides information, skills and techniques in using social and therapeutic horticulture when working in the areas of rehabilitation, recovery, social inclusion, training and employment.
Suitable for practitioners – including volunteers and allied professionals
OURganic Gardens is located on a 4 acre site in Gortahork, Co Donegal boasting 180∙ views of the mountain scenery and landscapes.
What you will learn:
- To understand and know how to apply the principles and practice of social and therapeutic horticulture to benefit people who have mental health support needs.
- To gain an insight into the role of a horticultural therapist working with people who have mental health support needs.
- To begin to design a client centred social and therapeutic horticulture programme.
- To understand the importance of assessment, monitoring, evaluation, horticultural programming and planning for garden projects and for the individuals attending a garden project.
Included in fee:
- All course materials
- Course hand-outs
- A light lunch and refreshments
- Registration and tea/coffee from 9.30.
Call us with any questions on 051 584422