- This event has passed.
Vegetable Garden Planning Workshop Saturday 26th January 2019
January 26 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pmeuro40.00
Come Along to the Vegetable Garden Planning Workshop at OURganic Gardens . During this workshop Joanne will take you through step by step on how to plan your vegetable garden . From designing the structures , selecting the seed to harvesting your crops at the right time you will come away with the know how on how to get going in your vegetable garden .
Workshop will include the following :
- Introduction to vegetable garden design (formal , informal , raisedbeds , potager etc..) .
- A look at software available for garden design (for those who prefer drawing this option will be explored also ) .
- Plant Families and their importance – Crop Rotation , Companion Planting etc…
- Site location and the importance of this .
- Soil Structure and Soil Improvements – The importance of Organic Matter and how to get to know your soil .
- Selecting varieties that grow best in your soil .
- Sorting the seeds and using your plan .
- Next Steps .
Workshops include all reference material , a print out plan of your garden and a certificate of attendance .
Lunch and Refreshments will be provided and participants are advised that part of the day will be held outdoors so warm clothing and footwear is recommended.
Workshop participants are limited so please contact Joanne to make sure dates are available .